ODE Grants for Chapter Projects
FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE, UP TO $1500, TO SUPPORT SPECIAL PROJECTS OF
ACTIVE CHAPTERS. THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA APPLY:
- All funding must support activities of
an active ODE chapter.
- Priority will be given to proposals where
the chapter actively seeks outside matching funding and where
multiple chapters are involved. Matching funds may come from students,
the institution, or outside sources.
- The maximum grant is $1000 for chapter without matching funds. Ode will match one-for-one any external funds obtained by the chapter for the project up to an additional $500. The maximum grant from ODE is therefore $1000 without matching funds and $1500 with $500 in matching funds provided by the chapter. The maximum
grant from ODE is $1500 thus supporting a $2000 project.
- First priority will be given to projects
that enhance student development in economics, such as:
- sponsorship of an outside speaker;
- activities that encourage scholarly
interaction between students and faculty;
- support of student-produced newsletters,
tutoring, community service.
- Travel may be supported, with priority for student presentations
at conferences. Preference is for trips that involve a number
of students. Trips to visit an economic institution, such
as a regional Fed, receive lower priority.
Grants will not be provided for capital expenditures, initiation dinners, chapter meetings,
student wages, etc. Chapters may not receive support for two consecutive
All applications must include:
1. A description of the activity/project, with dates,
participants, and anticipated outcome for the chapter and students.
2. A detailed budget, including all sources of funds.
Chapters receiving an award must submit a brief report, along with
receipts that account for all grant funds. Submit written proposals
Chapter Project Committee
Omicron Delta Epsilon
P.O. Box 2096
Fairhope, AL 36533
Electronic submissions are accepted by
Fall 2013 grants: April 30, 2013
Spring 2014 grants: October 31, 2013