Applying for Omicron Delta Epsilon Membership
To become a member of Omicron Delta Epsilon,
you must be currently enrolled and apply for membership through the chapter
at your school, and you must fulfill the eligibilty requirements
set out below.
The minimum requirements for admission for undergraduates are:
- completion of 12 credit hours of economics courses; and
- attainment of a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better in economics courses and an overall GPA of at least 3.0
- in the case of colleges or universities with an Honors Program in Economics, attainment of B-grade work or better.
- for institutions that do not have a credit-hour system, a candidate must stand in the upper one-third of the students studying economics and must have completed principles and have studied intermediate economic theory.
- for universities organized on the British Syatem, prospective members must have Junior standing or higher and must be in residence at least one semester.
- Students should be making the study of economics one of their major interests.
The minimum requirements may be raised by local chapters.
Graduate students in economics are judged solely on their graduate work. They must have:
- completed one semester of full-time work, with a major or minor in economics; and
- attainment of a GPA of 3.0 or better.
There are no admission requirements for faculty members. All are eligible and welcome to join a chapter. Chapters may also elect honorary members. These candidates must be persons of high ethical and professional standards.
No one shall be denied membership because of sex, race, color, creed or national origin.
A life-membership fee is paid by each prospective member of Omicron
Delta Epsilon upon election to the Society. In return, the member
receives a membership card, scroll and free on-line access to The
American Economist. The purchase of the official key or pin
by the initiates is optional but highly encouraged (see the merchandise
To apply for membership, print and complete
this form (PDF format) and give it to your ODE faculty advisor. We can not accept applications sent by individuals.