Applying for Omicron Delta Epsilon Membership
To become a member of Omicron Delta Epsilon,
you must apply for membership through the chapter
at your school, and you must fulfill the eligibilty requirements
set out below.
The minimum requirements for admission for undergraduates are:
- completion of 12 semester hours of economics courses; and
- attainment of at least a B average in economics courses and an overall B average in all classes, and a class standing in the upper one-third.
- Students do not have to be economics majors, but must have a genuine interest in economics in addition to meeting the above requirements.
The minimum requirements may be raised by local chapters.
Graduate students in economics are judged solely on their graduate work. They must have:
- completed one semester of full-time work, with
- attainment of a B or better average.
There are no admission requirements for faculty members. All are eligible and welcome to join a chapter. Chapters may also elect honorary members. These candidates must be persons of high ethical and professional standards.
No one shall be denied membership because of sex, race, color, creed or national origin.
A life-membership fee is paid by each prospective member of Omicron
Delta Epsilon upon election to the Society. In return, the member
receives a membership card, scroll and a year's subscription (two
issues) to The
American Economist. The purchase of the official key or pin
by the initiates is optional but highly encouraged (see the merchandise
To apply for membership, print and complete
this form (PDF format) and give it to your ODE faculty advisor.